NBC: Will Parenthood be cancelled after the Olympics?
By Robin Oatley on February 23, 2014
Other NBC Renewal and Cancellation news:
- NBC Predictions: Crossbones effectively cancelled, Welcome To Sweden Toss Up (July 27, 2014)
- NBC Predictions: Taxi Brooklyn likely to be cancelled, Undateable is a Certain Cancellation (July 13, 2014)
Since NBC has been airing The Olympics for the last weeks, meaning there was no room in the schedule for any of the scripted series to air. Since The Olympics pull in a lot of viewers, most other networks have adjusted their schedules accordingly. It also means that NBC has lead the ratings and viewer counts for the last few weeks.
Since no series aired, there is no change in our predictions for their renewal or cancellation. However, what do we have to look forward to when normal programming resumes? Hopefully: clarity on the fates of a number of shows. For instance;, which has been scoring below average for its entire season but has been marked as ‘doing well creatively’ by chairman of NBC Entertainment Robert Greenblatt.
|Show||Status / Prediction|
This week’s TV Watch U.S. predictions for the other networks:
- FOX: Almost Human battling against the odds, will it be cancelled?
- The CW: Reign cancelled after season two? The CW likely to renew only one or two more series
- ABC: Effectively Cancelled Killer Women and Super Fun Night thrown under The Olympics bus
- CBS: The Olympics drains CSI and Criminal Minds, Intelligence certain to be cancelled