The CW: The Vampire Diaries certain to be renewed, The Carrie Diaries likely to be cancelled
By Robin Oatley on October 27, 2013
Other The CW Renewal and Cancellation news:
- The CW: Star-Crossed likely to be cancelled (March 2, 2014)
- The CW: Reign cancelled after season two? The CW likely to renew only one or two more series (February 23, 2014)
premiered this week with a 0.3 rating. It did premiere on a Friday, but it is a low enough rating to be downgraded to a Likely Cancellation.
Hart of Dixie has been doing poorly compared to other The CW series. However, a renewal for Hart of Dixie means it’s up for syndication. Therefore, Hart of Dixie is a Certain Renewal.has been predicted a Likely Renewal, and it has been doing very well so it will remain likely to be renewed. is currently the highest scoring scripted series on The CW, and it will therefore be upgraded to a Certain Renewal.
has dropped slightly in the ratings, going from a 0.8 to a 0.6. It is at the same level as , which is a Likely Pick-Up. However, The Tomorrow People started of higher than Reign did, so Reign will remain a Toss Up for a little while longer.
|Show||Status / Prediction|
|Hart of Dixie||Certain Renewal|
|The Vampire Diaries||Certain Renewal|
|The Tomorrow People||Likely Pick-Up|
|The Carrie Diaries||Likely Cancellation|
This week’s TV Watch U.S. predictions for the other networks:
- CBS: Elementary likely to be renewed, Two and a Half Men Likely Cancellation, Hostages Certain Cancellation
- NBC: Grimm season premiere immediate Likely Renewal, Dracula premiere, Chicago Fire Certain Renewal
- ABC: Castle and Back in the Game likely to be renewed, Betrayal certain to be cancelled
- FOX: Dads and Brooklyn Nine-Nine full-season pick-up, The Mindy Project Likely Cancellation