CBS: Big Bang Theory Likely to be Renewed, The Crazy Ones premieres with good ratings
By Robin Oatley on September 29, 2013
Other CBS Renewal and Cancellation news:
- CBS: Elementary certain to be Renewed, The Crazy Ones in danger (March 2, 2014)
- CBS: The Olympics drains CSI and Criminal Minds, Intelligence certain to be cancelled (February 23, 2014)
The season premiere ofrated a 2.8, a huge drop from last season’s 3.7. However, last season’s premiere had a lead in from the first episode of with Ashton Kutcher. Therefore, this season premiere rating of 2.8 isn’t really very bad at all, although it may seem so at first glance. 2 Broke Girls is therefore a Toss Up.
had a decent series premiere with a rating of 2.5, especially compared to the series premiere rating of series following it, , which only scored a 1.8. However, Hostages’ premiere scored just as high as did in the same timeslot last year. Both series are a Toss Up, but if Mom keeps on scoring like this it will definitely be promoted, and if Hostages doesn’t pull it together is might just be demoted.
premiered this season with a whopping 5.8 rating, immediately ensuring its Likely Renewal status.
The series premiere ofscored a 3.9 in adults 18-49, a good rating. It remains to be seen if it will be able to keep these numbers up: undoubtedly it will drop the second episode. Still, it’s pretty good for the new Robin Williams series.
|Show||Status / Prediction|
|The Big Bang Theory||Likely Renewal|
|2 Broke Girls||Toss Up|
|Two and a Half Men||Toss Up|
This week’s TV Watch U.S. predictions for the other networks:
- ABC: Marvel’s Agents of Shield and Modern Family Likely Renewal, Lucky 7 Likely Cancellation
- NBC: Without The Voice lead-in, Revolution does a lot worse, Blacklist profits from The Voice lead-in
- FOX: Glee has a low season premiere, Sleepy Hollow drops but is up for a Likely Renewal
- The CW: The CW’s Fall season starts this week!